Job & Processmanagement: JobControl.Net V2.8
The collection, coordination and structuring of data and information from various sources in various forms requires a great deal of organization, human resources as well as complicated and error-prone largely recurring manual work processes.
JobControl.Net is used at this point and enables the administration, control, automation and organization of data- and information-related business processes. Source systems and data suppliers of any kind can be connected to your environment and embedded in your process landscape.
Origin & History
Years of experience from various database, datawarehouse and MIS environments were taken into account during development. Areas of application which require the highest load capacity, reliability, functionality and expandability.
- Efficient and uniform job management
- Supports various job types
- Integrates data and information from various data sources and media formats
- Connects data warehouses and database systems of all types
- Automates, documents, controls and standardizes business processes – and traceability is possible
- Business processes are measurable in time
- Business processes can be triggered in a variety of ways
- Object-oriented and module-based development approach ensures easy extensibility
- Management GUI (Native/OLE-DB or HTTP/HTTPS-Verbindung)
- Realtime Monitoring
- Running processes or entire process chains can be stopped or interrupted at any time
The whole application is based on the principle „EVENT-DRIVEN“. This means that the chaining of the jobs to a process chain takes place via events
>> no action is triggered without a previous event!
Concept Job types
Basically, a distinction is made between two job types:
Job is always at the beginning of a process chain.
These jobs are only started by events.
Further external applications can also send events to the engine via interface.
Concept Job & Engine Parameter
The parameters allow the transfer of information to the defined job. For example, users, password or target paths, or SQL server names, and so on. We distinguish between static, dynamic and global parameters.
Static Job Parameter
Parameter with fix values
Dynamic Job Parameter
Parameter with dynamic valuesn (these values are loaded before job is starting)
Global Engine Parameter
Parameter on highest level, all jobs can access them easy (z.B.: #SMTPServer)
Concept Job “Intelligence”
By the concatenation of the jobs over the events “white” the actual current job which ran before him. This can be particularly advantageous if information should be passed on or inherited.
Job XXX calculates the revenue figures for the month of July. The following job YYY initiates the report creation with the revenue figures per employee. Job XXX “provides” the job YYY as parameter ##VERARBEITDAT the necessary information for which month the report is to be created.
Operating system Engine
Windows 2003 / 2008 + .NET Framework 2.0 / 3.5
Operating system Client
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 + .NET Framework 2.0 / 3.5
C# Visual Studio 2008
MS SQL 2005 / 2008 / (SQLExpress – 1 User)
Each job type is developed as a plug-in. New requirements or job types can be developed and implemented quickly, easily and, above all, at a later stage, also by the customer himself (interface can be supplied)..
Concept Engine Features
- Jobs run in their own threads
- Jobs can run in multiple sessions at the same time
- Parameters can be inherited
- Jobs can be canceled (Cancel Event is sent to PlugIn)
- Running job and process chains can finish “clean” (STOP_EXECUTING_JOBS) In the case of maintenance work this is a must
- Complete DB repository for the engine and plug-ins are automatically created via SQL file
Neue Version Xcontrol
Xcontrol is the next evolutionary stage of JobControl, completely redesigned and with fantastic new features.
For details, check: Xcontrol